Trials & Tales of Tucson

Friday, August 20, 2010

Post #2

You want to hear the best thing about working for CHRPA? Yeah that's right, I get Friday's off...Oh and we get ice cream everyday after work. With those two perks I don't know if I'll ever be able to leave. So with two days down I have officially fixed a large section of leaking roof, 2 water coolers, repaired the floor of a water heater, put in a new section of floor in a mobile home and fixed the handles on a shower. I can truthfully say I have already learned a lot, sweated a lot, drank a lot, and am fully sore throughout my body. I could not ask for a better time.

Eventually with my day off I'm looking to volunteer somewhere else, hopefully at a bike shop or maybe a soccer organization but I'm giving myself a few weeks to get settled in and find some connections. Today's rest was definitely welcomed and I have enjoyed sleeping in, writing some emails, reading and will probably head to the pool in a bit.

The first weekend should be a fun one since we are going up to Mt. Lemon in the Catalina's and camping. I can't wait for that and will be sure to write up a little something when I get back. For now, I couldn't help but post a little something more about CHRPA and the great time I'm having. I think right now I have a giddy addiction to blogging and to all the new things happening in this new and exciting place so my entries may be pretty frequent. But don't get used to it as I'm sure the excitement of writing on a blog will wear off and I will become accustomed to Tucson making me more busy and everything feel less new.

As for now, I'm enjoying my time fully and though I do miss the feeling of going back to Goshen, (not school), I'm glad I'm in Tucson. I have heard soccer is a pretty popular sport round here so once I find out some more and let the weather cool off a bit I am excited to get involved in some sort of league or pick up schedule. For now, people from the church play ultimate frisbee every morning before church on Sunday so I look forward to joining in. Wish you all the best and I think of everyone often.

Cheers, Ralphie

No comments:

Post a Comment