Trials & Tales of Tucson

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New Things

So first off, an add on to my last post about my phone and tying it to this post "New Things" I hate my new phone haha. Simple as that, but whatever, it works to call and talk, it works to text so what else do I really need from the stupid thing. It's doing its job, I can't fault it for that.

Now, other more germane information, I am and about to start new things this week. First and most exciting is that I have finally signed on to play soccer here. I joined a team called Demon Rum ha, who is headed up by a guy who is friends with Dan Wilhelm who works at CHRPA. Dan hooked me up with a scrimmage they were having and even though their team was full Geoff let me come and play. Turns out, they have room for me now so I just need to register and the season starts next Sunday I'm pretty sure so I'm stoked. It isn't necessarily the level of play I was looking for but I think it'll do just fine, I'm just glad to put my boots on and hit the pitch. Although I don't think the fields here in Tucson really deserve being called a pitch haha. It's hard, filled with ruts and is about half grass half dirt. It was a combination between not having worn my cleats in a while and the super hard ground that caused some major blisters after a full game. But everything is alright, and I can't wait to play again. I also realized how out of shape I am so I want to work at getting into a better fit.

My next new thing is that I joined an Ultimate Frisbee league and the first week is this Wednesday so I'm pumped about that too. Looking forward to meeting new people, everything seems really laid back and not really super competitive which is totally my style when doing something like frisbee ha. My team already seems real cool and chill just by the emails that have been sent thus far. The only downside to all these new things is that they aren't very close to where I live. So with playing soccer, frisbee, and working downtown on Friday I'll probably be putting in around 60 to 70 miles on my bike at the least. So it might be a little tiring, but I'm looking forward to getting in good shape and chiseling my body into super Daniel haha nah just kidding. But it'll be nice to be active again and hopefully my hip won't give me too much trouble.

On a last little note, whoever said Fall starts in September did not live in Tucson haha. Today was one of the hottest working days I feel like I've had so far. I don't know if it was because I was on a roof all day or if the humidity was high but man, I felt like just keeling over and dream about waterfalls. It's 6:30 pm right now and is still 99 degrees. You kidding me? This whole week is suppose to be over 100 until Sunday and were almost past the midway point of September. Not saying I don't like the heat, I do, and it's still the reason I chose Tucson but man, I wouldn't mind some lower 90's. It may sound crazy to some of you reading this but that seems almost chilly to me. 80's? Man, what am I suppose to do after work? 83 ain't warm enough to go swimming haha. But whenever I get kind of tired of the heat I just look at home's weather and see tomorrow it's suppose to be 70 and rainy and I'm glad it's 100 again. But what I really cannot, cannot wait for is come winter when I look at Goshen's weather see that it's below zero and I'll be chilling in shorts in a t-shirt maybe tanning a little bit, maybe I'll have a sweater on or something, but that'll only be in the evenings haha.

Cheers ya'll, Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment